Carbon Tetrachloride is a chemical that does not occur naturally. It is entirely manufactured. It can be described as a clear and sweet smelling liquid often detected at low levels. It is also found in the air as a colorless gas. This chemical is not flammable and was initially used as a propellant for aerosol cans, as a pesticide, and a refrigeration liquid. It was also used as a fumigant in fire extinguishers and to kill insects found in grain. More commonly it was known for its use as a degreasing agent and cleaning liquid. However, due to its high toxicity levels, since 1986, it is no longer used in the manufacturing of household cleaners. The chemical is said to be poisonous if inhaled, ingested or absorbed through the skin. The chemical can also seep into the ground water. If you bath, swim in or drink contaminated water, you stand a risk of being poisoned.